BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
paridha
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to open an existing SAS data set using the SAS enterprise 4.2. I have used this data set before, recently it started showing the following error:

" SAS Enterprise Guide has encountered a problem ans needs to close" : On restarting the application the same message comes up.

These are the details from the SAS error:

"

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

InvalidArgument=Value of '7' is not valid for 'index'.

Parameter name: index

------------------------------ Technical Information Follows ------------------------------

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '7' is not valid for 'index'.

Parameter name: index

at System.Windows.Forms.ImageList.ImageCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)

at SAS.EG.Controls.ProcessView._CreateToolStripItem(String text, Int32 imageIndex, EventHandler onClickHandler)

at SAS.EG.Controls.ProcessView.InitializeControls()

at SAS.EG.Controls.ProcessView..ctor()

at SAS.EG.Controls.ProcessFlowView.InitializeCustom()

at SAS.EG.Controls.ProcessFlowView..ctor()

at SAS.EG.SEGuide.MainForm.CreateViews()

at SAS.EG.SEGuide.MainForm..ctor(EGOptions startupOptions)

at SAS.EG.SEGuide.App.Startup(String[] args)

at SAS.EG.SEGuide.App.Main(String[] args)

------------------------------ End of Technical Information ------------------------------

Can someone help me in finding the solution to this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Check this sample note.

http://support.sas.com/kb/42/296.html

Thanks,

Shiva

paridha
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the help Shiva. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but when I click on the link provided by you , it asks me to click on the hot fix tab in the message, but that tab is not clickable. Am I looking at the wrong hot fix tab?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

That SAS note works fine for me. What web browser are you using? Can you try a different browser?

paridha
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the reply. SO, if I am looking at this correctly the error I have could be fixed by HOt fix numbered A53003. However I do not see a dowloadable file for that Hot Fix like I see for others like A53002 and A53004. Please correct me if I am wrong.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Download A53004 as previous hot fixes will be included in this bundle or alternatively use A53010 as this replaces A53003 as mentioned on the hot fix download page.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation