BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Afabro
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Folks!

I am with a big problem to acess the SAS Enterprise GUIDE 5.1. before one week ago I could connect but now when I try to connect just stay at windows connect. If I try to connect in another machine I can but jut in my machine I can not.

connect)1.JPG 

Someone know how to help me? I do not find any logs about it.

I am using SO Windows 7 64x, Java 1.8 (112), Chrome 45.

I already tried to reinstall.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

It looks like you're trying to connect to a server rather than EG and having issues.

Check your server permissions under your ID.

Are you logged in automatically or do you need to type in your credentials?

If auto, for some reason you're not being connected. Talk to your server folks.

Afabro
Calcite | Level 5
Okay, lets I explain better.

The point is when I try to connect using my computer I got this problem but if i try in other computer I get connection. So the problem is my computer to connect in the server.

I need the credentials of my company to connect
Reeza
Super User

Without knowing exactly how you connect to a server I don't know that we can help much.

99% of the time the server admin will be able to tell you pretty quickly why it can't connect. 

Your computer may not have a security requirement, the credentials may have expired, maybe they changed the server and your dns or setup wasn't updated.

Is your SAS license valid, did it expire on your machine?

Are you connecting via citrix, through a VM or are you working with multiple desktop installations that connect to a server.

Hopefully you get the idea that there are a lot of variations in set up and you're probably best off talking to your SAS admin or server admin. With the info provided I can't say anything more. Perhaps someone else will have a solution.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Afabro wrote:
Okay, lets I explain better.

The point is when I try to connect using my computer I got this problem but if i try in other computer I get connection. So the problem is my computer to connect in the server.

I need the credentials of my company to connect

Make sure that the servernames and port numbers in both connection profiles (your computer and the working one) match.

Also make sure that you don't accidentally use different credentials, because the working machine automatically takes the last one used.

Once that is done, open a cmd window on your computer and do a

ping name_of_server

This will check if your computer can resolve the name to the correct IP address, and if you can get a TCP/IP connection to it.

If that all is OK, someone needs to take a look at the metadata server log on the the server and check if your connection attempt from EG registers there.

Afabro
Calcite | Level 5

The problem is in my machine, It is not a problem with wrong information ( user, password, server, port)

Afabro
Calcite | Level 5

Problem Solved! Thanks all!

The problem was with authentication in Active Diretory, I could acess the internet but was not authentication.

Thanks for all helps! 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please mark your post as answered then.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation