BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
fri0
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, I'm attaching a txt file that is part of a database with more variables, but this column is the only one that gives problems.

If you open the file with a excel, you could show all dates until December, but if you use the Enterprise Guide to make the import you only get dates until Nov 29, but there are not December dates. Someones could help me please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

On close observation of the data provided by you in the txt file, the dates of December has typo error. The month "Dec" is mistyped as "Dic". This is the possible reason why the dates after 29Nov2013 are not being read. After 29Nov2013, the date started is 02Dic2013, which should have been 02Dec2013.

May be after making the change, all the dates should be read.

Please check.

Thanks,

Jag

Thanks,
Jag

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

These dates are locale-specific, so you need to make sure that your SAS session is running in the correct locale, and then select the appropriate NL* informat for your date format.

See this paper for more information:

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/025-2013.pdf

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
fri0
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, thanks for your help. I was about to try but a friend told me that your solution could create problems in other projects where date variables are correctly imported. We change the original software to generate the txt file with another date form that could be imported correctly by Sas. Thanks again, I didn't know about that possibility of change the sas standards to import.

Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

On close observation of the data provided by you in the txt file, the dates of December has typo error. The month "Dec" is mistyped as "Dic". This is the possible reason why the dates after 29Nov2013 are not being read. After 29Nov2013, the date started is 02Dic2013, which should have been 02Dec2013.

May be after making the change, all the dates should be read.

Please check.

Thanks,

Jag

Thanks,
Jag
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Jag - it wasn't a typo, it was in Spanish.  December => Diciembre en español...

Looks like the problem has been resolved though...

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Thank you Chris,

I thought it was a typo error as i saw the other names similar to English names.

Thanks,
Jag
fri0
Quartz | Level 8

Exactly, in Spanish it's Diciembre. I will try to change the month to see what happens.

fri0
Quartz | Level 8

You were totally right. Thank you very much.

Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Thank you for checking this and confirming.

Thanks,
Jag

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation