BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

For some reason me and my team is not able to create/open a sas program in SAS EG.

But we can browse data, run a stored process, create point & click SAS EG processes and even Office add-in is also working fine.

It was working till few hours back and wondering what may have gone wrong here.

I'm using SAS 9.4 and SAS EG 6.1

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thank!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks and !!

Problem was with windows update that happened when I restarted my machine this morning.

A system restore to back date solved the problem!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Can you explain more in detail. Does File/New/Program not work? And what's happening? Is EG freezing or do you get some kind of error?

Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

When I click "New Program", it just shows a "Loading" message and EG gets freeze...

New Prog Loading.png

Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

Same with "SAS Log".

I can run a stored process but can't see the log. It shows a "Loading" message and EG gets freeze.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

SAS EG is a Windows Client application. It used to work for you but now doesn't anymore. And it's the same for everybody in your team. This is a very strong indication that something in your environment changed.

I assume that your IT department sent some Windows update which hadn't been tested with SAS EG. You need to contact your SAS Administrator/responsible IT person for SAS as this is something you can't resolve by yourself.

I'm using myself EG 6.1 under Windows 7 with all the latest Windows updates. I don't have such problems so I assume this issue is caused by some site specific tweaks to the OS you're using on your machine.

Dreamer
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks and !!

Problem was with windows update that happened when I restarted my machine this morning.

A system restore to back date solved the problem!!

ballardw
Super User

Assuming you have closed down EG and SAS and then restarted.

Long shot: Check with your IT folks to see if they did something like move/rename directories, changed permissions and similar. When you say "It was working till few hours back" it sounds like something was done to the system.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation