BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Zaneta
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there,

I've recently discovered editable graphics in SAS - which are awesome!!

I wondered though if it's possible to create an .SGE file from within SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3?  I currently have access to SAS 9.2 and SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3, and by using the following code in SAS 9.2 I can create an SGE file:

ODS listing GPATH = "C:\mygraphs" sge = on;

ods graphics on;

proc univariate data=duncan noprint;

var income;

histogram income;

run;

But when I run the same code in SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3, I just get a (non-editable) graph within SAS Enterprise Guide but no SGE file is created.  Except occasionally - sometimes when testing this code, in Enterprise Guide an extra tab opens saying that I need to download the results - this download button doesn't work (I get an error message saying that a problem has been encountered and EG needs to be closed) but the SGE file has been created, which is great!  But I can't detemine what I'm doing differently when this happens - can anyone help out?

An alternative solution to creating an editable graph from code that is run in SAS Enterprise Guide may be to use ODS Graphics Designer?  (I already have this set up to work from EG.)  Does anyone know if it's possible to create a graph in ODS Graphics Designer from code?  (as opposed to the usual method of creating code from point-and-click).  Or any information about an alternative method of creating an editable graph from code that is run in EG would also be most welcome!

Many thanks in advance for any help

Cheers,

Zaneta

P.S. I also have this question posted in the SAS/Graph and ODS graphics forum, but it was recommended that I also post it in the EG forum as it relates specifically to EG.  Thanks very much for this suggestion! Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
Zaneta
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that this question has now been answered in my post with the same name in the SAS/Graph and ODS graphics forum Smiley Happy

(apologies for any confusion - as my query related to graphs in EG using ODS graphics, I posted my question in both forums!).

Many thanks to everyone for their help Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Zaneta

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation