BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hi folks, I did search and read up as much as I coudl but I am getting a bit more unclear. My objective is to be able to save my code and or create a sub directory etc pointed to a storage path through EG.

Perhaps an example will work better:

I have this storage available on a server: /sasdata/depta

I would like to be able to see this either via library or folder and from EG I could simply save it here or create a sub dir and create it there (I know OS & OMA permissions have to be appropriate). When I try to assign the base library or generic library or enterprise library in location I see a grayed out /shared Data already filled in (cannot change). I am using sasadm to log into smc.

Is it possible and or what I am doing wrong?

Best.
2 REPLIES 2
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Update:
I must be smoking something so before you alll laugh at me: I realised that you cannot have hierarchies in a library (you can assign different one per sub dir, etc etc).

So now the question is can this be done on SAS Folders? If yes how?

In 913 (we are using 9.2) there used to be a EGAUTO type of file where one could list libnames and when the session started those libraries were assigned (ok this was a sneaky side question; sorry!), what is its equivalent in 9.2?

Please be gentle when you reply 🙂
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
You cannot use SAS Folders (metadata) to stored SAS programs for use in EG. You can use only the file system, local or remote server.

As far as EGAuto.sas, that doesn't exist anymore. The easier method for injecting your own startup code is:

Tools->Options->SAS Programs->Submit SAS code when connecting to server.

The statements that you specify there will run just once, when you connect to the SAS session.

Another cool way (new in EG 4.3) is to create a process flow named "Autoexec". Any programs/tasks that you include in that flow will be run *immediately* when you open the project. That's a project-specific autoexec.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation