BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I have one staging flow in EG 4.1, which having 4 different codes linked in sequence.
When i try to run flow, first script (i. e. code) is executed successfully,
but that code does not pass control to next code. Green background don't get removed until
and unless i do not stop that code manually.

Please help me out from this thread sos.

Thanks & Regards,
Lokesh
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
You might need to contact tech support with this one. There are a few SAS coding practices that can cause the current program to seem to hang. For example, if you end your program with an ENDSAS; that would cause a problem.

We would need to look at your first program to help diagnose.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
That code contain around 1000 lines of script.
Actually, it is dynamic sas script which migrates gb's of data from cobol (txt format data) to sas.
I have never used statements like ENDSAS; in that script.

thnx
deleted_user
Not applicable
I'm just guessing here, since we cannot see the code.

ideas:

1) you may need some "quit;" statements to insure that a step actually completes.

2) The log file may be huge, and taking "forever" to transfer back to the workstation where EG lives.

3) I would advise against using EG for large batch jobs like this. It is generally better to run the code directly on the server natively. I'm guessing you are using EG to run a job on a mainframe? I'm guessing this is a regularly "scheduled" run? Why not just use the mainframe's scheduler to run the SAS job directly?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation