BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I'm new to SAS EG and wanted some help regarding the structure of the data needed to perform panel data analysis on SAS EG. It is a time series Cross sectional panel data analysis

My current data is in this format:

1989 1990 1991
Company
X 12 13 45
Y 8 10 16

I have been told that the data format for panel data analysis on SAS EG should be as follows:

Company
X 1989 12
X 1990 13
X 1991 45

Y 1989 8
Y 1990 10
Y 1991 16

Can you please confirm which format is the right one for panel data analysis on SAS EG ?

Thanks
Ash28
2 REPLIES 2
RichardH_sas
SAS Employee
Do you mean the task "Regression Analysis of Panel Data"? I'm not a time series expert, but my limited experience is that yes, you usually need the data in a "narrow" form for a lot of the time series stuff. Someone else may provide a definitive answer, or you might consider cross-posting this on the Forecasting forum (http://support.sas.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=28). If you post there, I'd mention the procedure is TSCSREG.

Tech support could also provide an answer if you need: http://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/
deleted_user
Not applicable
Yes, I meant the "Regression analysis of panel data". Thanks for your help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation