BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Maksim_Karyagin
Calcite | Level 5

How can i get to increase memory and decide problem "ERROR: out of memory" due to MEMSIZE and SORTSIZE

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

You might need to share this with your SAS administrator in your company. This will require to change centralized configuration files.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Since you use a workspace server (as you posted this in the Enterprise Guiee forum), you need to have the configuration changes made server-side.

What actually caused your problems (please post complete log of the offending step)? Sometimes improper use of proc steps can cause memory errors, and the problem can be dealt with without configuration changes.

rogerjdeangelis
Barite | Level 11

Can you post

Proc options group=memory;

run;quit;

I just saw 16gb of DDR3 ram dor $79, hopefully you have at least 16gb.

Maksim_Karyagin
Calcite | Level 5

Yeah, I have 32 gb/ 

About my code: i have 7 constraints. But just only 3 is working.

And then I change value of parameters memsize from 28g to 2g and sortsize change 27g on 512m (in sas config file). Then i have 4 constraints working. What i can do if i want that my all seven constraints will work. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation