BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
xiaoying
Calcite | Level 5

I am a new learner. I assigned Orion library based on instruction "Setup for SAS EG". A part of the Log content shows as follows:

NOTE: Libref ORION was successfully assigned as follows:

Engine:        V9

Physical Name: /tutorials/eg/data/ecprg1

It seems like Orion was assigned. I saved this project and started a new program to practice in the project. However Log indicates Orion is not exist.

Did I do something wrong? Just cannot figure out by myself and please advise if anyone has the similiar experience.

Thanks so much!

4 REPLIES 4
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You may want to get a copy of "SAS for Dummies."  It is more comprehensive than the tutorial.

Did you close out of EGuide between saving and starting a new program?  If so, you probably just need to re-run the task to create the libref before running the new program.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

xiaoying
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Doc! The books may help me more. I didn't close EG between saving and starting.

I assigned Orion and the Log indicated success, Right after, I refreshed my SASApp. But under my Libraries, I only see: DONOR; MAPS; ODTUT;SASApp-SASDATA; SASHELP; SASUSER; WORK. There is no Orion showed up......

Not sure it is my problem or EG system's problem.

Thanks a lot!

Angela

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Angela,

Does the "saving and starting" involve a "new project".  The library is only specific to the open project, so if you close one project and open another, it is not available in the new project.

You will need to tell us with more specificity about the steps that you took.  For instance,

"I assigned the library Orion using the "Assign Project Library" task on the local server."  Is that what you did.  Did you use the local server?

What does "refreshed my SASApp" mean?  I can't find a task that does that.  What "clicks" did you use to do it.

Doc

xiaoying
Calcite | Level 5

Doc,

I successfully practiced with Orion library today. It seems just my computer didn't connect with Orion on the last a few times. Now, it works.

I understand your mean for the "new project". I assigned Orion to the project and created a new program in the project. Orion library showed up under my local server.

Sorry for the confusing, "My SASApp" I mentioned is my local server's name. I refreshed the local server after I assigned Orion.

I am so relieved now since I can practice. Thank you so much for your information and help!

Angela

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation