BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
paulrockliffe
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a process flow, it's quite complex with about 60 steps from start to finish.  Some of the steps have the same names.

The first step is to import an Excel spreadsheet, which takes about 50% of the processing time.  Then I run the process flow about 20 times, with different filters applied each time to give me different outputs. 

I want to setup an Ordered List that I can run so that I can run the import once and then run everything else the 20 times through to save a load of time.

It's going to take a bit of messing around to create the list in the right order from the obvious selection menu because they're in alphabetical order and some have the same names. 

Is there another way to create the Ordered List that would let me add everything, in the order it runs on my process flow, then I can just delete the first step to get what I'm after?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I'd suggest forgoing the list and simply use a macro loop to run 'everything else' 20 times.
paulrockliffe
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, that's an option, but I'd still need to manually create the order of processing, so it's not a quick thing to do.

tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Make each step a macro that can be called repeatedly with parameters (if globals aren't an option).

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation