BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
4john
Calcite | Level 5
I have a .egp file.Is it possible to open it in Unix SAS.
Note: I do not have access to SAS Enterprise Guide.

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Not productively. I'm not sure that you can open them at all on *NIX. .egp files are really just WinZip files with a different extension. The task logs are easy enough to read on a PC (though the names are uninformative). RTF output can't be directly interpreted.
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15
Because an EG project is just a .zip file, any program in your unix environment that can read or extract a zip file will be able to understand a .egp file. Although a lot of the contents won't be usable (e.g. RTF output), the actual SAS code that forms part of the project will be in the contents as a regular ascii file. You can easily pull the code out and drop it into your Display Manager session in unix.

I've done this a ton, because people send me projects developed under different releases of EG, and sometimes it's hard for me to get at the correct version, so I can at least look at the parts of the file.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation