BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kedar
Calcite | Level 5
I am opening Information map contains 5 colums thru EG. It's not opening the information map. But when i ignore some column name from information map i can view it. what could be the problem? if it's authorization issue where we can check it?
2 REPLIES 2
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Hi

One reason could be that the information map (meta data column definitions) is not in sync with the physical SAS table (i.e. column doesn't exist in the SAS table or has another name or data type).

"if it's authorization issue where we can check it?"
SAS Management Console for metadata, OS tools for the file system (the actual SAS tables), DB tools if it's a DB table.

What does the SAS log tell you?

There might also be some information available in one of the Server logs. Not sure in which one it would show (metadata server, workspace server, object spawner).

First thing I would try: Can you access all columns directly via EG not using the information map (just submitting a similar query). If yes then I would continue to look for metadata out of sync.

HTH
Patrick

Message was edited by: Patrick
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Another way to check the content: see what you can see when you report on the contents of the information map using this program:

http://blogs.sas.com/sasdummy/index.php?/archives/177-Reporting-on-SAS-Information-Maps.html

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation