BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
illmatic
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

The following statement returns an error. I am utilizing SAS EG 7.1 locally, no connection/server profile setup. 

/* ODBC Method */
libname myAWS odbc datasrc=&server
complete="                  &odbparams"
schema=&schema;

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver
specified
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

I have the odbc.ini on my computer updated with correct settings and am able to utilize that in other connections like SQL Workbench, but I am unable to assign a readable library on SAS EG.

The following libname works, but requires odbc wrap which isn't ideal because I don't want to have to memorize schemas and table structures. I'd like to see them in SAS EG in the library section.

libname myAWS ODBC DSN = AWS readbuff=1;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jebjur
SAS Employee

To clarify, when you say you are using Enterprise Guide locally, I'm assuming you mean you are connecting to a local SAS server (SAS 9.4 installed on the same PC as Enterprise Guide). Did you install and configure the Redshift ODBC driver in the ODBC administrator on your PC so it can 'talk' to the database?

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/mgmt/configure-odbc-connection.html#install-odbc-driver-...

If so, I would first open Base SAS 9.4 on the PC and try a prompted connection with code such as:

LIBNAME MyAWS ODBC PROMPT=YES;
%put %superq(sysdbmsg);

You will be prompted to select the ODBC DSN you created and also enter the correct information for server, username, etc to connect to the dbase. If that is successful, the necessary connection parameters will be written to the log.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jebjur
SAS Employee

To clarify, when you say you are using Enterprise Guide locally, I'm assuming you mean you are connecting to a local SAS server (SAS 9.4 installed on the same PC as Enterprise Guide). Did you install and configure the Redshift ODBC driver in the ODBC administrator on your PC so it can 'talk' to the database?

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/mgmt/configure-odbc-connection.html#install-odbc-driver-...

If so, I would first open Base SAS 9.4 on the PC and try a prompted connection with code such as:

LIBNAME MyAWS ODBC PROMPT=YES;
%put %superq(sysdbmsg);

You will be prompted to select the ODBC DSN you created and also enter the correct information for server, username, etc to connect to the dbase. If that is successful, the necessary connection parameters will be written to the log.

illmatic
Quartz | Level 8

That did it. Thanks a bunch!!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation