BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Some members of this group will remember the SAS Learning Edition: an off-the-shelf version of SAS and SAS Enterprise Guide that was designed to help you learn how to use SAS. 

Today, there is a new version...with a new name.  Instead of "off-the-shelf", this version is "on-the-cloud"!  It's SAS OnDemand for Professionals: Enterprise Guide.

SAS OnDemand for Professionals: Enterprise Guide is now available in the US and Canada. It offers an affordable, easy-to-use solution for those that need access to SAS to gain experience with the software, practice along  with a course or book, or prepare for a SAS certification exam.

Visit http://support.sas.com/learnsas to learn more.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
5 REPLIES 5
DrAnnmaria
Fluorite | Level 6

I don't know if the for Professionals version is going to be any different, but so far I am seeing SAS On-Demand as kind of the "unwanted stepchild" of SAS. For example, I came to this forum (excuse me, communities) looking for the SAS On-Demand section and don't see one.

I've been trying to log on to SAS On-Demand this evening and have not been able to log on. I know my SAS profile password is correct (since I logged in here).  I tried two different computers, so I doubt it is the computer. I can't send a request for tech support because I don't have the site number and I couldn't run %put %syssite ;

to find the site number because I can't get logged on. I checked the server status and it is supposedly up.

Of course, I'll call tech support in the morning but I rather suspect it will be working again by then.

This is just one example and its unfortunate because I think the on-the-cloud option has vast potential. I am aware it is making SAS little to no money but if it can't be more reliable and better documented it's not going to have what (I think) is the intended effect of bringing more users to SAS. In fact, I think the opposite will happen. I think you all need to decide if you really want the On-Demand product line to succeed and, if so, support it. If not, then you should kill it off like SAS for the Mac and SAS/FSP.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Annmaria,

SAS On-Demand and SAS for Professionals are both cloud versions of EGuide, so this is the right Forum.

I'm not sure of the reason that you could not login, but that is a matter for tech support.

I see them both as reasonable learning tools (especially as it is such a pain to install SAS now), but not for production in a medical environment.  Because of the overhead that HIPAA brings on, patient/research subject data should not be stored there.  In addition, at least in SAS On-Demand, only the instructors datasets can be stored online between sessions.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

Stacie_SAS
SAS Moderator

Hi Annmaria,

I work on the SAS OnDemand for Professionals: Enterprise Guide product that Chris mentioned in his post. It sounds like you are having some general SAS OnDemand log in issues. I'm happy to help get you to the right folks to address your problem.

Are you using SAS OnDemand for Academics or SAS OnDemand for Professionals? If you'd like me to follow up with you one-on-one to see if we can get your problem resolved, feel free to e-mail me at Stacie.Miller@sas.com.

Thank you,

Stacie

DrAnnmaria
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the offer, Stacie. I talked to Derek in Tech Support today. Changed my password. That didn't work. Smiley Sad  We're *guessing* maybe the problem is that the course I was teaching is over so I have no active course? So I just registered a new course and we'll see what happens.

I am one of those over-prepared people who start working on next semester's course months ahead of time. I hate it when students have a problem, ask me what causes it and I have to say, "Your guess is as good as mine" so I try to screw up everything I possibly can on my own in advance.

Since the system says it can take up to a day to get a course registered, I'm going back to writing some custom macros I promised a client this week, and I'll try it again tomorrow.

Stacie_SAS
SAS Moderator

Dear Annmaria,

I'm glad to hear that Derek was able to help you with your problem.

It sounds like you are using SAS OnDemand for Academics and not SAS OnDemand for Professionals. The way users interact with these two products are pretty different from one another even though they are both delivered through "the cloud". Professors use the academic version by registering their course for their students to access. Professionals don't need to go through those steps.

I hope that helps. And, good luck with your class!

Stacie

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation