BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have started getting an error message when trying to open my datasets. EG used to work fine until a week ago. The error reads:
Enterprise Guide cannot open the datafile: xxx.sas7bdat
Error opening data "xxx"
Failed to open the dataset in READ mode

I have looked through some of the threads which suggested loading a patch 41eg08wn.exe but that has not resolved. I am using EG4.1

Can anyone help with what has caused this and how to resolve?

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
The SAS support website http://support.sas.com/ identified this tech note as a possible cause / source for your symptom:

http://support.sas.com/kb/34/511.html

Possibly, share more SAS log information in the location just before and after the error, with all SAS program information revealed in your log.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Another possible cause is that you have SAS installed locally, but the setinit is expired. EG uses your local SAS to open local data if it's installed, but an expired setinit can cause it to fail.

If you don't have local SAS, then EG uses the SAS Local Data Provider, a component that reads local data sets via OLE DB. The SAS note that Scott cites is referring to some limitations for that scenario.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation