BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I'm in a SAS BI environment where most of my processing happens on servers...occasionally, I need to upload data (excel files, SAS dsets, etc.) from my local SAS session to my SASmain server. To do this I have been copying and pasting in EG Explorer but I want to do it as part of the Process Flow. Any suggestions?

For us 'Old and In the Way' SAS programmers...I'm trying to do a PROC UPLOAD...

-Matthew Seeman
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Matthew,

This question has come up a few times on this forum and frequently elsewhere.

We are preparing a set of tasks that you can use to upload/download SAS data files (sas7bdat) between your PC and a remote SAS server. That's all these tasks do -- transfer files from one location to another. They work only with SAS data files though -- not 3rd party file types like Excel.

The tasks capture the transfer step as part of your project, so the files are copied each time you rerun the project or process flow.

My hope is that these tasks will be available for download, as an experimental feature, in the next couple of weeks. I'll post back when I have more news.

I hope that this will help.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
There are now the Upload/Download SAS Data Sets tasks for EG:

http://www.sas.com/apps/demosdownloads/setupcat.jsp?cat=SAS+Enterprise+Guide

I hope these help with your scenario.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation