BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
darrylovia
Quartz | Level 8
All

I receive through out the day raw externals files that go to drive "X" and once the SAS project finishes processing that file, it needs to be moved to drive "Y".
I would normally use the x command to do that. I know that the xcmd option is turned off by default on EG and our IT department will not turn it on due to security reasons.

There must be a way around this.
Any ideas?

-Darryl
2 REPLIES 2
deleted_user
Not applicable
Simple. Many solutions. Here's two.

[pre]
filename x_in "X:\input_file.dat";
filename y_out "Y:\output_file.dat";

data process_stuff;
infile x_in;
file y_out;

input stuff;

/* process stuff */

put stuff;
run;
[/pre]

OR

[pre]
filename x_in "X:\..." ;
libname y_out "Y:\output_directory";

data y_out.processed_stuff;
infile x_in;
input stuff;

/* process stuff */

run;
quit;
[/pre]

Within EG, to do the second one, you simply add an "Assign library" task to the project that is done first, that creates the "y_out" library. Then within the appropriate processing task/node, you specify the output to go to that library.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am sure there are ways to perform it, but as one of the resident noobs, I wonder if its more resource efficient to perform it as a cron tab script that checks the file for some criteria before it scps it over. Message was edited by: Joshua

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation