BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kenc1492
Calcite | Level 5
I've been using MSO 2007 SAS 4.2 Add In for several months. We will be upgrading to MSO 2010 soon and it looks like we need the SAS 4.3 Add In.

Does that also mean that we need to update to the Enterprise Guide 4.3 or is the numbering just coincidental?
3 REPLIES 3
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
I would also be interested in the answer to this, My uneducated view is below.

The numbering is product specific so, I think you could get away with not upgrading EG, but not sure why you wouldn't want to upgrade it.

I would expect though, if you are not running SAS9.2M3 on your server you would also have to update you server as well...

I am researching the M2 to M3 upgrade at the moment so might be able to answer more confidently in the next few days.

Barry
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
SAS Add-In for MS Office 4.2 can work in Office 2010, but of course 4.3 is better.

You don't have to update EG at the same time, but if you want EG to be able to interact with the Add-In (for example, send a report from EG into an Excel session), you'll want them both at the same level.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
From what Chris has written you don't need to upgrade but if you need/what the better integration you should.

In regards to the upgrade question After a little more research.

If you are using a deployment plan, it will upgrade all SAS clients on your pc, from what I can tell you have no option to change.

So EG4.3 will also be updated, and so will other clients like DIS, SMC, IMS etc if they already exist on your PC

Barry

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation