BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cullima
Calcite | Level 5
Can someone please tell me how I would go about creating a (UK) map in EG based around geographical boundaries specific to my organisation. Is there a way of importing this from an external file (e.g. bitmap). The UK map provided with EG is based around county boundaries which are not relevant to us.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Olivier
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi Cillima.
I have never heard of SAS maps imported from images. You need to know the exact coordinates of every border point of the area. The SAS map is defined as polygons, each observation giving information on one point.
Since it is a quite common file specification for maps, you can import maps from another software (ArcView, MapInfo, ...) to SAS. You can do the import with SASprovided-software (module ESRI Bridge), or with data steps, since most of the map files I've seen were plain text.

Regards,
Olivier
Cullima
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Olivier, I have an organisational map of the UK created in EPS format....is this likely to be of any use to me?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation