BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sasecn
Quartz | Level 8

Hello:

I have a general question. I have a EG project (.egp file). I would like to make the code (the code in each process flow only not the .egp file) read only. i.e. when the end-user used the project, they can run it and get result, but they cannot modify the code.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I work with a UNIX server, so the workflow is this:

• create a directory on the server outside your home directory
  • create symbolic links to this directory in the home directories of all users (including you)
  • in Enterprise Guide, open the program, select Save - Save as, Servers, your server, Home, and then the link to the directory
  • make sure that, when viewed from a commandline on the server with ls -l, the directory and files belong to you, and have a permission string of drwxr-xr-x (directory) and -rw-r--r-- (files)

Then, nobody but you can update the file. But they can still embed the code back into the project and edit it there.

EG project files are not really good for this type of collaboration.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sasecn
Quartz | Level 8

Can you provide some steps how to save the code as .sas file on the server and set permissions from the EG project (.egp file)? Do I have to save each program code in each process flow? 

Sorry for bother with these questions. If you have any recommended articles, please let me know.

Thanks, 

AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

@sasecn 

Beside reading the Enterprise Guide Help Documentation, have a look at this tutorial Getting Started with SAS Enterprise Guide , it may give some tips

Hope this helps,

Ahmed  

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I work with a UNIX server, so the workflow is this:

• create a directory on the server outside your home directory
  • create symbolic links to this directory in the home directories of all users (including you)
  • in Enterprise Guide, open the program, select Save - Save as, Servers, your server, Home, and then the link to the directory
  • make sure that, when viewed from a commandline on the server with ls -l, the directory and files belong to you, and have a permission string of drwxr-xr-x (directory) and -rw-r--r-- (files)

Then, nobody but you can update the file. But they can still embed the code back into the project and edit it there.

EG project files are not really good for this type of collaboration.

sasecn
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for the details. Even-though, I have to ask our company's IT to do this. But that is what I was looking for.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation