BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RaphaelGnecco
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Is possible to return the machine domain from the user?

i can return the hostname using "_CLIENTMACHINE" from SASHELP.VMACRO, but i cant find the Windows domain.

Anyone knows where i can find this?

Thank you

Raphael Gnecco

4 REPLIES 4
jennifert
SAS Employee

Hi @RaphaelGnecco ,

You can view all of the SAS macro variables in your current SAS session by selecting Tools > SAS macro variable viewer from the SAS Enterprise Guide menu.

Does that help?

thanks,

Jennifer

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

RaphaelGnecco
Calcite | Level 5

Hi @jennifert , in the SAS macro variable viewer, only have the _CLIENTNAME, but i can´t find the Machine Domain. I try to search in the SASLIBs, but i cannot find that information.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The system macro variable _SASHOSTNAME reports your SAS application server's name including the domain. I don't think there is any similar one for your client PC except _CLIENTNAME which as you say doesn't include the domain.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Why not ask Windows for that information?

On my Windows machine I see environment variables like 

USERDNSDOMAIN=xxx.yyy.COM
USERDOMAIN=xxx
USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE=xxx
USERNAME=zzz
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\zzz

not sure if those are Windows defaults or something our local support team created.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation