BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KevinC_
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

I am trying to map my data at the CBSA level.  I was going to use the sashelp.zipcode dataset.  But it doesn't include CBSA data.  Is there another SAS dataset that include CBSA?  Is there a way to get around this?

Thank you for any input you have!

6 REPLIES 6
jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

I'm looking for the same thing if anyone knows how to get it.  I need CBSA and a way to join it to my proc geocode data set.

Thank you

ballardw
Super User

I'm going to be a bit tongue in cheek but WHICH definition of CBSA are concerned with? The Canada Border Services Agency? Credit Bureau Services Association?

Or 3 minutes on Google would have brought you to:

Metropolitan and Micropolitan - Delineation Files - People and Households - U.S. Census Bureau

Darrell_sas
SAS Employee

The Census website has the CBSA (Core Based Statistical Area) map. 2014 TIGER/Line® Shapefiles

Use Proc MAPIMPORT to read in the Shapefile.

I don't understand why you need to join it to your Proc GEOCODE data set.

Please explain.

HENRYROLON
Calcite | Level 5

Do you guys create maps before with SAS? Can somebody help me with how to create a Statecode map of USA.? I converted the excel data set to a SAS data set and linked with the data set but after that I get Stock.

Darrell_sas
SAS Employee

I'm not sure what you mean. 

First, there is the library MAPSSAS that has the old maps in it.  It is not being updated.  And MAPS currently points to MAPSSAS. 

Second, there is the MAPSGFK library that points to the new and latest maps.  It fixes some of the inconsistencies that were in MAPSSAS (MAPS) and is slightly different.  (Look at the following for more info: http://support.sas.com/rnd/papers/#2013  and see Tips and Tricks: Using the new SAS Map data sets ) .

Some of the MAPSGFK maps may already contain what you need.  The *_attr files contain more information.  For example, US_STATE already has the STATECODE in it.

If you need something else, send more details.

HENRYROLON
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, I`ll try this and let you know. Thanks again!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation