BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JSJ
Quartz | Level 8 JSJ
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

I am working in SAS EG and I need to have longer column headings than what is allowed in a query.

I made a sum and I would like to have more than the 35 or so characters.

Also, can you split the column header to be on 2 lines.

FY15 Total Gifts

To Alloc 999999, 888888

2 REPLIES 2
jennifert
SAS Employee

Hi JSJ,

I believe it is the case that the column headings in a query are limited to 32 characters and can contain special characters including blanks as long as the Valid variable names option is set to "Extended variable names (ANY)." (This option is located under Tools > Options > Data > Data General) 

As far as I know, you cannot split a column heading over multiple lines, but I'll verify that with the experts here, and we will post back if there is a way to do it.

thanks!

Jennifer

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

jennifert
SAS Employee

Hi JSJ,

I was able to confirm with a member of our development team that the maximum length for column headers is 32 characters, and they cannot span multiple lines.

thanks,

Jennifer

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation