BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tmac
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I have question about the transformation in SAS Enterprise Miner. It seemed kind of easy but being a newbie Im need for some help:

I have numerous continous variables (scale 0 to 1) and would like to linearise them to be able to do regression models.

As far as I learned one would use a logit transformation to put them onto a - infinity to + infitiy intervall to be able to use regression models. As there are are numerous variables this would take way to long to do it with formulas in the transformation tab. So is there are way to do it for all wanted variables in fairly quick way?

I tried to do just log transformations (under Default methods --> Intervall inputs) which gave me a quite similar distribution of the variable as when I am doing a logit transformation (I compared around 10 logit vs log transformation). So would that be a legit workaround?

Best regards 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You might want to tag this with Miner instead of Guide.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Tmac wrote:

I have numerous continous variables (scale 0 to 1) and would like to linearise them to be able to do regression models.

Are these continuous variables (scale 0 to 1) the independent variables or the response variables?

As far as I learned one would use a logit transformation to put them onto a - infinity to + infitiy intervall to be able to use regression models. As there are are numerous variables this would take way to long to do it with formulas in the transformation tab. So is there are way to do it for all wanted variables in fairly quick way?

It sounds like these are the independent variables you are talking about, and there's generally no need to transform them. Certainly, if you mean the independent variables, you would not want to use a logit or a log on them, without a very strong reason (which I don't see).

I tried to do just log transformations (under Default methods --> Intervall inputs) which gave me a quite similar distribution of the variable as when I am doing a logit transformation (I compared around 10 logit vs log transformation). So would that be a legit workaround?

The distribution of the independent variables is not particularly relevant in regression.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation