BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DeepSiv
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all

I am using SASEnterprise Guide 4.3 by connecting with a Unix server (AIX). In the server list pane, my folders residing in the server are getting listed. They are getting listed in alphabetical order. However, I am stuck in a scenario because of which I need to display them in the order of their creation.

For example,

Assume that there are 3 folders.. test_1, test_2, test_10. EG lists them as,

test_1

test_10

test_2

However, test_10 was created after test_2 and I need to list them in the following order:

test_1

test_2

test_10

I understand that these are getting displayed from the server. But I would need a workaround to display them in the expected order.

I tried giving ls -rt in my .profile but that doesn't seem to have any impact on the listing order when viewed through EG. Possibility of using Putty to view folders is ruled as the target audience of this would be business partners and they don't have Unix knowledge.    

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I'm not sure it will help you with what you ultimately need, but try Tools->SAS Enterprise Guide Explorer to see a list view (with details) for libraries, data sets and files.

egexplore.png

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
DeepSiv
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Chris. Thanks for your response. I am not able to find SAS Enterprise Guide Explorer in Tools menu. Do we need to enable it through some process?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

, it's enabled by default...but it can be disabled using metadata-based roles.  It's possible that an admin turned it off since the Explorer is considered a "power user" view into the environment.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
DeepSiv
Fluorite | Level 6

Sounds like this can help. Let me touch base with my SAS admin and see if I can enable this. Thanks for your inputs.

DeepSiv
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Chris@SAS , my admin denied my request to enable this SAS Entreprise Guide explorer citing security concerns. I wonder how an option to browse files can be a security concern! Any workarounds available for this or is there any way with which I can convince my admin to enable it?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

In the dialog Chris i mentioning, you could right click on the title bar, chose "Created". Thin click on that title and list is sorted (Windows Server, EG 5.1).

It sounds like that you are dealing with end-users. EG is primarily for power users, and not suited as end end user application.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation