BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
invalid
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi! I am using SAS EG 8.1.

Until recently when I had focus in the "server pane" and pressed "W" it would jump to the first library with a name starting with W (WORK).

Since a few weeks back this in no longer the case. I can still navigate with arrow keys, but jumping between libraries with alphabetic keys no longer work.

Any idea why this might be the case? It still works for my colluegues so it seems like it would be some setting I have changed.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Nice tip. Works for me in EG 8.2. You could try upgrading using Help / Check for updates.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Sorry, I have not seen that problem and I don't have any guesses as to what would cause it.  It works fine for me in EG 8.1 and 8.2.  The only thing I can think of is to make sure that focus is in the Server pane when you start typing.  If you identify some clues or want someone to take a closer look, feel free to reach out to SAS Tech Support.

Casey

ps- This is one of the new EG 8.1 features that I love!  In earlier versions it would always navigate you to the last key you pressed.  Now you can continue typing in a continuous stream and it will continue to navigate until you get to the item you want (similar to Windows Explorer).  Also, it works in all the tree views (ex. Servers pane, SAS Folders pane, Project pane, etc.).

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

invalid
Fluorite | Level 6

For some reason it started to work again this week. I didn't change anything so no clue why. I run EG via remote desktop so that might be a factor....?

Thanks anyway!

PS great tip, didn't know i could continue typing!

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I have no idea why it quit working for you, but glad it is working again!

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation