BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sanalitics
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I have created the macro @ autoexec with following definition:

%let library_temp= C:\testing;

%global lib_src=&library_temp;

and the definition of the library in DI is:

libname lib_test  "&lib_src" 

this resolves in DI without any issues.... But the same library when opened from EG I get the following error while expanding Library:

sas eg  sds.sds exception

Target site assign

Kindly help me fix the issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sanalitics
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Patrick... thanks for responding:

once you've connected to the metadata server can you open a session under the application server you want to run your code (done directly in EG by expanding/connecting to the server in the server pane of your EG window)?

YES

2. are you using the same credentials to connect to the metadata server in EG and in DIS?

YES

in fact I found a solution by resolving all level of macros @ autoexec.

Thanks all for the time and support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Astounding
PROC Star

Two issues stand out as part of the syntax in the base SAS world.

Your LIBNAME statement requires a semicolon at the end of it.

%GLOBAL statements can merely list names of global macro variables.  They cannot assign values.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
And %global is implied when using %let in open code.
Not sure why you want to use two variables with the same value...
Data never sleeps
sanalitics
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Both, Thanks for the response.

kindly note that I have given logical statement and it’s not the perfect code copied.

i am aware of the semicolon and macro declaration.

the issue is that the macro is available @ Metadata server .. and the library works fine in DI

but the issue is when I open the library in EG... probably something to do with the app server macro variable resolution

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@sanalitics

I have no idea what @ autoexec is but it's certainly not available under @ Metadata server as such macros get executed on the compute tier (workspace server) and not the SAS Metadata tier.  

The error you mention sounds more like you having some sort of connection issue with EG independent on what code you want to execute. If so then you should talk to your SAS Admin.

Questions

1. once you've connected to the metadata server can you open a session under the application server you want to run your code (done directly in EG by expanding/connecting to the server in the server pane of your EG window)?

2. are you using the same credentials to connect to the metadata server in EG and in DIS?

sanalitics
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Patrick... thanks for responding:

once you've connected to the metadata server can you open a session under the application server you want to run your code (done directly in EG by expanding/connecting to the server in the server pane of your EG window)?

YES

YES

in fact I found a solution by resolving all level of macros @ autoexec.

Thanks all for the time and support

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation