BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
utrocketeng
Quartz | Level 8

Is it possible to write a LIBNAME statement for an excel file in EG without locking it?  i just want to read in contents of the excel file; not lock it for read/write purpose. 

Proc Import is no longer an option as my environment is migrating from Windows to Linus.  I've read several posts about LibName locking files excel files, but i had not seen anyone ask if there was a option in the Libname statement to prevent the lock in the first place.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
utrocketeng
Quartz | Level 8

that currently is my plan...  thank you for the confirmation!

Reeza
Super User

You can also check the ACCESS=READONLY option:

libname census xlsx "path to file" access=readonly;
utrocketeng
Quartz | Level 8
I will try that tomorrow. Thank you.
utrocketeng
Quartz | Level 8

Reeza, i tried the 'access=readonly'; and the excel file was still locked.  i really do not care for excel.  😕

thank you again for the feedback!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation