BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
don21
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I am trying to schedule my programs using SAS MANAGEMENT CONSOL, for that I need to set up the connection (LOCAL atleat as there is no server). When tried I get the below message: Please advise:

Connection failed
Could not establish a connection to the SAS server on the requested machine. Verify that the SAS server has been started with the -objectserver option or that the SAS spawner has been started. Verify that the port Combridge is attempting to connect to is the same as the port SAS (or the spawner) is listening on.

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type: SAS.EC.Directory.Metadata.MetadataException
Source: EC.Directory
Target Site: MakeConnection
Data:
m_HostName : localhost
m_Port : 8561
m_Userid : Sindu

Stack Trace:
at SAS.EC.Directory.Metadata.OMSProvider.MakeConnection()
at SAS.EC.Directory.Metadata.OMSProvider.Connect()
at SAS.EG.SDS.Dialogs.ProviderConnectDlg.Connect(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Inner Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
Message: Could not establish a connection to the SAS server on the requested machine. Verify that the SAS server has been started with the -objectserver option or that the SAS spawner has been started. Verify that the port Combridge is attempting to connect to is the same as the port SAS (or the spawner) is listening on.
Source: SASObjectManager
Target Site: CreateObjectByServer

Stack Trace:
at SASObjectManager.ObjectFactoryMulti2Class.CreateObjectByServer(String Name, Boolean synchronous, ServerDef pIServerDef, String LoginName, String Password)
at SAS.EC.Directory.Metadata.OMSProvider.MakeConnection()

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Do you have a metadata server licensed at all? It needs to be configured and started.

(I guess you need Integration Technologies licensed for the metadata server to work)

don21
Quartz | Level 8
@Kurt_Bremser sorry if my query sounds stupid but, how do I find out if I am licensed for that?

Thanks
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

To see your licenses, run proc setinit.

Who set up the SAS system? That person could easily tell you if (s)he needed to configure the metadata server.

And you should be able to identify a running metadata server by its starting script, which would be called from SASCONF/Lev1/SASMeta/MetadataServer.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation