BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ajacobs
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear all,

We run a lot of batch processes, but when an EG or DI user is not logged off and hold a table that is updated by the batch process then the batch process is failed. We are working on WIN2008 servers. Is there a possibility to kill all active users before we start the batch processes.

Thanks,

Albert

3 REPLIES 3
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

What kind of tables?  Oracle?  If you are using a relational database, there are DBA tools to do that.

You run the risk that you will kill EG connections that are truly in use and not just the people who forgot to logoff.  Depending on the environment, killing a connection may cause the user's PC to hang and require a reboot.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Hi

I assume you are talking ab out SAS table getting locked...

Contact Shane as Saasinct.com, I think they offer a nice little app that does something like what you want.

http://saasinct.com/sas-addin-details/sas-process-manager-eg-addin.html

Barry

ajacobs
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I have found a command that can perform this. TASKKILL is an executable available on windows and has a lot of parameters to filter processes to kill.

Albert

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation