BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lloraine
Calcite | Level 5

Just got Windows 7.  I have SAS 4.3.  Projects 3 and 4 use temporary work files created in Projects 1 and 2.  XP used to keep temporary work files

as long as SAS wasn't closed.  My new Windows 7 doesn't keep the temporary Work files data from 1 & 2 on the servers when I open projects 3 and 4.  Is there a setting that I am missing since they reloaded SAS in Windows 7??

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I'm not sure how this was working before.  Each EG session establishes its own connection to a SAS Workspace (even when using local SAS), and each connection gets its own WORK library for temp files.  You might have had some SAS options set to direct the WORK option to a specific common directory that was easy to access from other sessions.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
lloraine
Calcite | Level 5

I am not sure what happened but ever since I got Windows 7, the projects don't work anymore.  They worked fine in XP.  The report uses the Export as a step in the project. 

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Is it possible that you now have 64-bit Windows and are using a 64-bit version of EG?  That could affect the way your Export steps are working.

See:

The top gotchas when moving to 64-bit SAS for Windows - The SAS Dummy

Are 64-bit client applications twice as good as 32-bit applications? - The SAS Dummy

For compatibility, I recommend 32-bit EG 5.1 even when running on a 64-bit version of Windows.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
lloraine
Calcite | Level 5

Is EG 5.1 the next version of EG?  Our company has 4.3.  How can you tell if I have a 32 or a 64 bit?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

EG 4.3 is 32-bit only, so no conflict there.

You might need to contact Tech Support for this one.  They can help you to gather information about your installation and your project to figure out what's going on.

Chris

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation