BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

I think the answer is "No", but just checking...

Is there a way to get EG to add the _method option to SQL queries?  This is for an end user query, where they point and click rather than hand write code.

I'm modifying an end users project to get it to run faster, and want to know if SQL is using an index in a left join.  msglevel is set to "I".

Regards,

Scott

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

MSGLEVEL=I should be sufficient for exploring index usage.

If you get no INFO: line, index is not used.

And no, I haven't found a standard way to add PROC SQL options to query builder. But how often is this necessary? It isn't that inconvenient to copy the SQL code, and add the _method manually.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation