BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GregINGov
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to create an ACEXML file using EG 4.3? I am not finding one if there is am I over looking a way to do this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I don't know what ACEXML is, and a quick Google search didn't help me.  If you mean, perhaps, an Excel 2007/2010 file (xlsx) which is supported by the Microsoft ACE API (and is XML-based under the covers), there is this custom task:

Export to Excel 2007/2010 using SAS Enterprise Guide - The SAS Dummy

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
GregINGov
Calcite | Level 5

Chris,

See I  knew that microsoft access should be able to do it but did not realize that xlsx was also ACE XML BASE....

But I believe you have the meaning of what I mean by ACE XML.

Thanks so much!

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

ACE is the Microsoft replacement for Jet, the name of the built-in data access engine in Microsoft Windows.

ACE is used for the Office 2007/2010 formats for XLSX (Excel) and ACCDB (Microsoft Access).  The custom task I mentioned supports only Excel.

For Access, you can export MDB files (the older format).  Or you can use SAS/ACCESS to PC Files or ODBC to write SAS programs that update Microsoft Access databases (new or old format).

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation