BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tarek
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to copy a process flow from one project to a new one? Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In a word, no.  Been asked before.  Probably a candidate for a sas ballot.

The best I have been able to do is to copy the entire project and then go in to the new one and delete the parts I didn't want in the new project.  Subpar at best.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

Quarantain
Calcite | Level 5

Indeed functionality that is missing!

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This feature (copy/past flows across projects) is slated for the next release of SAS Enterprise Guide (7.1), which is due to release Very Soon Now.  It's a great addition!

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Just to close the loop -- that feature is now here!

Copy an entire process flow in SAS Enterprise Guide

Copy and paste a process flow - it works!

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
old_friend
Calcite | Level 5
Copy is certainly clickable, but Paste is not for some reason. Also I can move branches that start with codes between process flows within a project, but not branches that start with datasets
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @old_friend - this should be working in v7.1, if that's what you're using.  If you can't get it to work then I suggest either posting as a new thread with some screen shots, or working with SAS Technical Support for some further investigation.

Chris

old_friend
Calcite | Level 5
I think this happens due to safety. If EG cannot handle the move of some items between process flows, it disables Paste. Items can be moved individually still.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

What version of EG do you use?  The behavior you're describing sounds like pre-7.1.  I have found the copy/paste of flows and branches to be very robust after the v7.1 feature enhancements.  But you might be running into cases that I haven't tried.

old_friend
Calcite | Level 5
Chris, I am using 7.11 HF2 (7.100.1.2785) (32-bit)
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

One way to go in newer SAS EG versions

- Export the process flow to a program (.sas file)

- Import program into new EG project

- open the new program code node

- run "Analyze for Program Flow" and save as new process flow.

This will not give you exactly what you had in the source EG project - but may be the result will be sufficient for what you need.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation