BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mitesh7394
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

My SAS EG respond very slow. For 100 observation result it will take around 1-2min, which supposed to complete in within 5sec. I want to know the reason behind slowness. And also while running query if i click on EG/dataset/library, it will not respond until code get complete.

I have tried below steps:

1. I have checked network for tool as my EG get loaded from citrix server to local machine-->network traffic looks fine

2. I have tried to access EG on logging on citrix servers which worked fine it was not slow

I have attached the screenshot which shows slowness of SAS EG. While loading output screen i am not able to access/click on EG. 

What will be the reason and what is the solution for the same?

Thanks,

Mitesh

2 REPLIES 2
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Mitesh7394,

It is very difficult to give a specific answer to this question. I can only give you my experience. If in the end you need to know more you must provide us with much more details like your software versions, operating systems and configuration details.

Your attached screenshot suggests it takes long to load an HTML result and not even data from a table. The network speed between the Citrix server and your local workstation is usually not an important factor in this. I would rather have a look at the connection between Citrix server and the compute server, the machine that is actually doing all the work and from where the results must be transported to the presentation layer in EG. Unless of course you use EG in a "local server" setup, but we cannot tell. Besides network speed the latency is also a big factor in the perceived performance. You can measure that as well.

I would suggest to call in your network and Citrix people to make an in-depth analysis. If you can have them "wireshark" the traffic on the Citrix host. That has brought many underlying network issues to the surface in my experience.

And last but not least make sure you have the latest version of EG and the latest maintenance updates as well. 

Hope this helps,

-- Jan.

Mitesh7394
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Jan,

Thanks for reply. 🙂

We are using SAS9.4 M3 and AIX operating system. 

I have attached SAS EG details.

Thanks,

Mitesh

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation