BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I've been working on a SAS installation for some internal customers - I'm a unix admin by trade - and was handed the install media (23 cd's (!)) to create a software depot with (on Itanium HPUX). This went smoothly enough and it was left for others to use. However when people have tried to install using this depot it appears that the first cd - SAS Setup - is missing from the depot. It looks as though this wasn't even in the pile of cd's I was given to install. I've raised a call for a replacement/download, while I wait for a response I thought I'd ask on here - do SAS offer downloadable iso's of their software? I can't find anything to download other than add on's and experimental programs.

Any advice gladly recieved - got to have this up and running by tomorrow 😞
5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
If you are on such a tight deadline, then you should NOT use the forum for this question. You should immediately contact SAS Tech support by going to: http://support.sas.com/ and in the left hand navigation pane, look for the link entitled "Submit a Problem" and then in your comments, indicate the urgent nature of your problem.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Cynthia - I have submitted a problem as well but noticed this forum while looking around the site and thought someone may have known the answer right away. Oracle etc allow downloads of their products, I'm hoping SAS do the same -do you know if product downloads are available?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:

I thought you needed the Setup disk to start the install. Tech Support really is your best resource at this point. I think they have a way to allow you to download files -- if they determine that you do, in fact, need the files. Here's the HPUX Foundation SAS installation document ... perhaps you missed some of the post-installation steps??
http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/the_sas_system/9.1.3_TS1M3/unx/install.pdf

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Cynthia

Thanks for the link. I'm being sent a replacement CD through the post which I should get tomorrow. Unfortunately the setup CD is key - I can't run SASSETUP, as it's not in the depot we created (or on any of the CD's we have).

I am a bit suprised that SAS don't offer downloads of all their full products (and have the customer pay for licenses afterward) - it would seem that all the enterprise software vendors I deal with on a regular basis offer this as an option - getting CD's in the post seems a bit of an anachronism in this day and age.

Still - I am grateful for the replacement!
deleted_user
Not applicable
SAS have announced that the delivery mechanism for SAS9.2 will be changed. I believe internet retrieval will be possible, but "watch this space" is all I can reliably say.

I shall watch with great interest since I'd like to save a little shelf space with install packs for Windows workstation, Windows Server and Solaris all arriving with version updates.

I wonder though whether I'll need to space out downloads to ensure I don't exceed my data allowances from the ISP.

Kind regards

David

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation