BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jacsanity
Calcite | Level 5

Hi guys,

I have a raw SAS project that includes a bunch of queries and programs. Now I need to share this project with some other user who does not have much knowledge on SAS, and I'm wondering if it is possible to create some sort of shall over the current project to create a more friendly user interface?

To be more specific, my current project start with a few query that prompt user to select inputs, and then user these inputs as macro variables in subsequent programs to generate output datasets. However, to start the process you have to go to run and click "Run process flow", which for some user it may be a bit confusing.. If I can make this project more like an application with clean interface without showing all the queries and programs to other users, it will greatly improve their experience.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any suggestions, and thank you very much for your time and effort!

J

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Do you have a Web Report Studio?

You can also search at lexjansen.com to see hacks people have used. 

Although you'll want to balance how much time you spend improving versus saving end users time. Sometimes really good documentation or instructions are a better way. 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Have you looked into the possibility to create stored processes?
Data never sleeps
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you pack the whole thing into a project flow called "Autoexec", and enable the corresponding option in a given user's EG, he/she only needs to double-click the project file and everything will run automatically.

But I also think that stored processes might be a much nicer way to go, as it does not require any local installation at your "point-and-click" non-SAS-savant user's computers.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Here is more info on the Autoexec process flow referenced by @Kurt_Bremser.

You can also use the SAS Enterprise Guide automation model to build a standalone app that runs your EG project -- I've done this for some SAS professional services engagements.  That's a lot more involved (software development), but the APIs are all there. More info in this paper.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation