BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chandu1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All.

I have run the SAS program in SAS Enterprise guide 5.1

in Windows server and all remaining servers are in Linux platform. when I run the SAS program it is giving the following errors,

Error: Insufficiet space in file work.step1.data

Error : File work.step1.data is damaged .I/O processing did not complete.

when I run with small number of records in the Input dataset . it is working fine . The number of records very large in the input dataset so that its giving the above errors.

Could you please someone help regarding how the above errors will fix .

Regards,

Chandu

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You have run out of SAS WORK disk space. Talk to your SAS administrator regarding how much you are allowed. Running your SAS program with - OPTIONS COMPRESS = YES or BINARY; - may enable you to process more.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

It is always good practice to determine at the start of processing what of the data you need. Reduce at the beginning in terms of observations and columns (use where conditions and keep or drop).

Use the compress option.

If that is not sufficient, talk with yout SAS administrators.

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

In addition to Kurt's comments, you may be creating a number of intermediate files that are no longer needed, but are still taking up space on the disk.  Critically look at your code and perhaps add some clean-up steps.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation