BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I would like to install the AddIns for EG4 but I'm currently running VB 2005 Express Edition. This version of VB is using a later version of .NET plus the directory structure is not consistent between versions.

Has anyone managed to use this version of VB with AddIns and if so how have you archived this?
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
Microsoft is providing a tool that allows you to take your Visual Studio 2005 projects and target the .NET 1.1 framework. Here is a link to the tool:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/tools/msbee/default.aspx

This allows you to take advantage of extra productivity features in the VS2005 IDE, but still build custom tasks that use .NET 1.1 (necessary for EG 3.0 and 4.1 support).

There are some caveats: you won't be able to use some of the .NET 2.0 features. That includes partial classes, which are automatically employed by the VS2005 forms designer.

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you Chris, I will take look at this link.

Would you also know which directory the AddIn template should be placed in this Express version of VB, and if I need to change any other setting to make this work? The sample templates which come with Express look very different to the one SAS has supplied as they are a different version.

Any news on if SAS will move to .NET 2.0?
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi, Chris,

As you mentioned, VS2005 use partial class automatically, is there any easy way to supress it, such as turning it off inside IDE or just mannully moving the form design codes to the form (leave the form design code balnk)?

Besides partial class, what other features that VS2005 employes automatically and EG dose not support now?

Many thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation