BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SanjayM
Calcite | Level 5
Hi there

I have created a data item in my Information Map which does not show when I use that Information Map in EG.

The data item Total is an expression as SUM(CostPrice, Quantity) and becomes a measure.

This is a very common requirement where we want to create data items which are expressions but unfortunately does not show in EG.

Second question is about when to make the columns in Information Map as Category or Measure.

The Great Hopper
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Possibly you are running into this problem:
http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/018/018939.html
SAS® Enterprise Guide® and the SAS® Add-In for Microsoft Office will not display calculated measures defined in an information map

To find this Tech Support Note, I went to:
http://support.sas.com/techsup and entered
Information Map data item not show Enterprise Guide

into the yellow/gold search field area on the right hand side of the window. This Tech Support Note was the first hit in the list of returned notes.

You should check with Tech Support if this does not fix the issue for your Information Map.

cynthia
SanjayM
Calcite | Level 5
Million thanks that was a great help. I was very sure that there should be a way out.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi cynthia

I tried doing what is given in the Tech Support.
Now i am able to see a measure column in EG.
But if i use any functions like SUM,AVG.
I am not able to see in EG

Example:-
Suppose i create a new data item item1 as
SUM(col1,col2)*col3
then i am not able to see item1 in EG

and if i create another a new data item item2 as
(col1+col2)*col3
then i am able to see item2 in EG
I want to use this SUM function since i dont know if col1 data has null values then if i sumup without SUM func then i will get null value.
Can you help me wht should i do..

Sunil
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Your best bet for this issue might be to contact Tech Support. I understand what you're trying to do, but am not sure whether this is happening because of how Information Maps have their interface to EG or whether it's something inherent in the design of how Information Maps work.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation