BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ravikanthdv
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I am using SAS EG4.1 and wanted to know if there is a way I can create a template that stores text/standard code in it ?

I then wanted to use the template by a shortcut key.

Detail: I would like to include standard program header into a new SAS program eveytime I create one. At the click of the shortcut key/template, the header should be pasted

as a block of text on a new program.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Venkata Darbha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You can use an Editor abbreviation for this.  Read more about it here:

Take SAS program editor abbreviations to the next level - The SAS Dummy

In EG 4.1 it's a little different though.  Select Code->Add Abbreviation to get started.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You can use an Editor abbreviation for this.  Read more about it here:

Take SAS program editor abbreviations to the next level - The SAS Dummy

In EG 4.1 it's a little different though.  Select Code->Add Abbreviation to get started.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
OS2Rules
Obsidian | Level 7

What kind of output are you creating?

I had a template that used the posthtml tags to write a fixed footnote on every web report I created.  I sure that you should be able to do the same for a title with prehtml.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation