BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
emera86
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I have used the vbScritpt automatically generated by the Schedule function in my SAS EG 7.1 as a basis to write a more sophisticated vbScript to meet my needs. I would also like to include in the script an automatic "Commit" to the version control history of the programs contained in my EG project. I could not find any documentation about it in the vbScripting section of SAS support. Is there any way to do it? It would be extremly useful to automatize!!

Thank you for your help in advance,

Lucía

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Yes, EG retrieves the history from the external Git repository, so it will include all commits made, whether committed from inside or outside of EG.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi @emera86,

Sorry, no, none of the Program History operations are currently exposed in EG's automation interface.

However, if you are working with external SAS programs (referenced in your EG project, stored in an external Git repository), you could probably issue Git commands directly from your VBScript as an alternative.

Casey

emera86
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for the quick response, Casey.

If I manage to do it directly using Git commands, would I be able to visualize the historial from SAS EG afterwards? 

Thanks again!

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Yes, EG retrieves the history from the external Git repository, so it will include all commits made, whether committed from inside or outside of EG.

emera86
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks for the information Casey, it was very useful 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation