BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SamMad
Obsidian | Level 7
Kurt,
Ok understood and thank you for your suggestive next steps in learning SAS. I will start to dive into the DATA Steps Processing. I do want to share that that most of my data will come from somewhat *normalized* sources within the org. But the way I am thinking is that If the file comes with repeat values and converting them into fact table and dimension tables on SAS similar to how we have SQL Set up with FACT and DIMENSION tables. Will that type of schema work in SAS? or is it even recommended or used by others in the SAS community?

Second QUESTION of the day:
Majority of my Data will come from SQL Server and that's where the problem exists for me. I don't have a direct login to SQL Server using windows authentication instead of we use the CyberArk tool. It provides a temporary password to login to SQL Management Studio and login using those domain accounts . I haven't been able to find a way on how to use the SQL Connection through SAS.
In my SAS Software, I do have SAS/ACCESS Interface to Microsoft SQL Server. I have at least 50 Tables sitting in SQL Env that I would like to set the SAS program to import /convert them to SAS data formats. Has anyone successfully tested CyberArk tool and using its pwd to link to SQL Server ?
AlanC
Barite | Level 11

I don't use CyberArk (never heard of it) but a quick perusal says they have a REST API (CyberArk AIM) to retrieve the temp password. Use PROC HTTP to access the REST API, get the creds, pass it as macro to the SQL Server connection. Suggested approach.

https://github.com/savian-net
Reeza
Super User
If you're going to split into fact/dim do you have Data Integration Studio or just Base SAS?
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

First of all, I recommend that you post different questions as a separate post, instead of including it under an already-answered one. A lot of people just look for unanswered questions, and this one appears to be answered.

In terms of your CyberArk question, I recommend that you put in a track with SAS technical support. My experiences with them have been really good, and they've got the technical people who can work with you to figure this out (or, sadly, to conclude that it can't work out. I didn't find any statement that SAS is compliant with CyberArk, or vice-versa.)

Also, if they need to get into a discussion with CyberArk to improve interoperation, that's the level where it should be done.

Check with your SAS administrator whether you should submit the track yourself, or if someone else in your organization manages this.

Tom

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 7 in conversation