BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ted
Calcite | Level 5 Ted
Calcite | Level 5
Hi, I've got a user who has created a project which starts with an Import of data. This has all worked fine until he got a colleague to run the same Project and gets the following error.

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /usr/local/sas/***/Lev1/SASNew/TRUNCOVER.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
WARNING: The data set WORK.CRA_CLM may be incomplete.

This is the portion of the code I think it is refering to

OPTIONS DATESTYLE=DMY;
DATA WORK.CRA_CLM;
/* Enterprise Guide creates this temporary asterisk delimited text file from the original data source */

INFILE
TRUNCOVER
DSD
%IF &IsMVS=FALSE %THEN %DO;
LRECL=32767

%END;

The project is saved on a server which each user has to log on to.
Any idea's why this is happening.

Cheers

Ted
1 REPLY 1
data_null__
Jade | Level 19
I can tell you the problem but I don't know what happened to your program probably a macro variable with null value. In the INFILE statement the first parameter is positional and is FILEREF or Physical file. In your code that is missing and TRUNCOVER infile is now the first parameter.

I think SAS then says "truncover is too long for a fileref then it must be a physical file but I can't find" error message.

> ERROR: Physical file does not exist,
> /usr/local/sas/***/Lev1/SASNew/TRUNCOVER.
> INFILE
> TRUNCOVER
> DSD
> %IF &IsMVS=FALSE %THEN %DO;
> LRECL=32767

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation