BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MitchNussbaum
Calcite | Level 5
I suspect the answer is NO. But let me describe our situation.

Currently we have Windows XP on our workstations. Some of these users run SAS 9.1.3 locally, while others user EG 4.1 to access SAS 9.1.3 on an Enterprise Business Intelligence server.

We are about to migrate all our workstations to 64-bit Windows 7, which means we will have to upgrade to SAS 9.2 and EG 4.2 (or 4.3) on our workstations.

No problem with this -- except that EG 4.2 does not connect to SAS 9.1.3 on the remote server. At this point, we do not have the option of upgrading SAS on the server to 9.2. It looks to us like this means that our EG users will not be able to access SAS on the server. This could be a traumatic and expensive situation for some of our users. Is there a workaround that we might be able to try?
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
I have EG 4.1 on a couple of Windows 7 boxes. It works fine.

However, we don't have an official statement of support, because EG 4.1 predates Windows 7 quite a bit, so this combination has not been through a rigorous QA cycle.

If installing EG 4.1 on Windows 7, the biggest gotcha is making sure that the system requirements are all installed first:

- .NET Framework 1.1 (later framework runtimes are not supported)
- Microsoft Visual C++ runtimes

These are all present on the EG 4.1 media for the system requirements (client28cd in your media/depot).

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
MitchNussbaum
Calcite | Level 5
That's interesting. Thanks for this information.

Are you running 64-bit Windows 7, or is this workaround limited to the 32-bit version?
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
In my case, it's 64-bit Windows 7. Does anyone use the 32-bit version? 🙂

Chris
It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation