BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
FabioP
Calcite | Level 5

If I Pre-Assign an Oracle Library with the Management Console, It disappear in EGuide.

I have not set the AssignMode property in the "Extended Attributes" in the Library property. 

I have a similar Oracle Library for a different Oracle Schema in the same path, and with that library I have no problem at all.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Fabio, couple of things to make sure:

- delete it and create again

- make sure you assign library as pre-assigned "bynative library engine"

- make sure when you provide information for

- on "assign" tab

selected server would be "sasapp"

- on data server tab

data server

database schema name

connection

-also keep liname and liref name same

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Linlin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

try :

click tools ---> options ---> SAS Program ---> Submit code when server is connected ---> edit

then copy you libname code there

EG library.png
FabioP
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Linlin,

thank you!

It's a good workaround, but I can't understand why I can't see the library in EG that is preassigned in the Management Console.

If in MC I clear the preassign option, the library return visible in EG, but then I have to manually assign it in EG (unless I use your workaround)

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Fabio, couple of things to make sure:

- delete it and create again

- make sure you assign library as pre-assigned "bynative library engine"

- make sure when you provide information for

- on "assign" tab

selected server would be "sasapp"

- on data server tab

data server

database schema name

connection

-also keep liname and liref name same

FabioP
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sandy,

thank you very much!

I set the name of the library in the metadata  same as the libref and now is working.

Only a clarification, where is it possible to assign library as pre-assigned "bynative library engine"?

Thanks!

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

when you open SAS  MC, Plug-Ins>Data Library Manager> then click on "library"> then double click on library which you wants to assign as pre-assigned to view property of library> go to options>click on advance options

FabioP
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Sandy, thanks for your great help!

seven_snow
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, Just in case does anyone know how to pre-assign a SAP R3 library in SMC. After following the above steps, SAP R3 library does not have "Advance Options" where we usually pre-assign. Please advise.

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

what version of EG and SAS etc are you using?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation