BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SanchitArora
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I made project in SAS EG 5.1, but today when i am opening this i am not able to open and error is displayed as:

" Unable to delete Data Imported from EVERUEX STOCK DATA-COPY.xlsx, SHORTCUT, it is not in the project"

Can you guide me , if i click OK in the error then project does not open. This is very important as i am sitting on client side and have to finish this.

KR,

Sanchit

11 REPLIES 11
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You're getting this message when you open the project?  No other action taken?

The element named ("Data imported from...") is an output data set resulting from the Import Data task, apparently from the named XLSX file.  Is the XLSX file available on the system, in the expected location?

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
SanchitArora
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Chris,

Yes the excel file is available and is in the same location.

KR

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I suggest you work with Tech Support to resolve, since it's urgent.  Was this project migrated from another version of EG?  This could be an artifact from that process.

The resolution might require some minor surgery on your EGP file as Kurt suggests.  But always work from a backup, as it's easy to damage the file so that EG won't read it.  Tech Support could lead you through that process.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
SanchitArora
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the revert. This is not migrated from another Version. It was build in the same version and till yesterday it was working fine but today its not opening.

KR

Sanchit

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Here are some basic steps you can try.  Without the project in hand, I cannot promise it will work.  But you seem motivated to resolve this soon so it might be worth a try.  NOTE: do this in a BACKUP copy of the file.  Any mistakes can render the project unusable by EG!

1. Change .egp extension to .zip

2. RMB .zip and choose "Open With Winzip" (or other zip tool you might have)

3. RMB project.xml and choose "Open with Notepad" (or other text editor)

4. Search for

</Element>

<Element Type="SAS.EG.ProjectElements.ShortCutToData">

<Element>

<Label>Data Imported from EVERUEX STOCK DATA-COPY.xlsx</Label> <---------

<Type>SHORTCUT</Type>

<Container>nnnnn</Container>

<ID>nnnn</ID>

<CreatedOn>000</CreatedOn>

<ModifiedOn>0000</ModifiedOn>

<ModifiedBy>your name</ModifiedBy>

<ModifiedByEGID>userid</ModifiedByEGID>

<ModifiedByEGVer>5.100.0.12019</ModifiedByEGVer>

<HasSerializationError>False</HasSerializationError>

</Element>

<SHORTCUT>

<Parent>nnnn</Parent>

<INPUTLIST>

<INPUTID>nnnn</INPUTID>

</INPUTLIST>

</SHORTCUT>

</Element>

which refers to the SHORTCUT mentioned in the error thrown in EG: EVERUEX STOCK DATA-COPY.xlsx

5. Delete the above text

6. Save the changes to the project.xml file (back into the ZIP file)

7. Save the changes to the zip file.

8. Rename .zip to .egp.

9. Open the file in EG

SanchitArora
Calcite | Level 5

Hey thanks.

Will try for that and let you know.

SanchitArora
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Chris,

I Changed the extension directly to .xml (I tried with .zip but when i extract and open the original files open). When i open the xml in notepad it was dispalayed in other language.

Can u assist in details how to open the xml in english language.

KR

Sanchit

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The EGP file is not XML, it's a ZIP format.  So you won't be able to open that in notepad -- it's binary, compressed.

The project.XML is utf-8 encoded, so it should open in notepad and be generally readable.  I provided those instructions in case you felt comfortable enough operating on the file with those tools.  If that's not something you're comfortable with, I suggest working with Tech Support.

Chris

SanchitArora
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Chris,

I got the solution.

Right click on the project and go to Properties. There we can find the restore versions of the last saved project. From there you can restore.

Its working fine for me now.

Thanks

KR

Sanchit

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

This may be a problem within the Microsoft interface to Office files, as a google search for the error phrase "Unable to delete Data Imported from" reveals quite some posts about that.

If everything else fails, remember that a project file is a zip archive containing XML and other files from which you can glean what you need.

SanchitArora
Calcite | Level 5

Hey, I ddnt get what you want to say here. How can i open the project. Can you help in that...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation