BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
crimsonpa2009
Calcite | Level 5

Anyone  know if it's possible to use PROC TRAJ in SAS enterprise Guide or how to install/use third party procedures?

Thanks,

Torrance 

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Enterprise Guide can run any procedures that are installed on the SAS server EG is connecting to, either local SAS or a remote SAS server.

PROC TRAJ appears to be available as a download. The instructions and downloads for installing are available here:

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/bjones/index.htm

Reeza
Super User

Do you have administrator rights to your machine? That's required for installing TRAJ. 

And if EG is running on the server, your server admin will need to install it. 

@crimsonpa2009 wrote:

Anyone  know if it's possible to use PROC TRAJ in SAS enterprise Guide or how to install/use third party procedures?

Thanks,

Torrance 

crimsonpa2009
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply. 

I'm not sure if I have administrative rights; however, assuming I do where would place the traj.dll file and the SAS program files?  

Thanks,

T

Reeza
Super User

See the PROC TRAJ instructions for that. 

https://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/bjones/download.htm

@crimsonpa2009 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. 

I'm not sure if I have administrative rights; however, assuming I do where would place the traj.dll file and the SAS program files?  

Thanks,

T

crimsonpa2009
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks I've seen the instructions; however, the site doesn't include instructions for sas enterprise guide?

For example there is no \core\sasexe folder to drop the traj.dll file.  There is also no "sasmacro" folder. 

Reeza
Super User

SAS EG is a client, you still a full SAS installation behind the scenes for it to run as far as I understand, so the same instructions should be valid. Do you know if EG is installed locally or server? If it's on the server SAS wouldn't be installed on your computer anyways, so you definitely don't have the paths installed then. 

I've never worked with EG only on a server so I'm not sure what's included locally, but I'm starting to suspect that's the issue. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The instructions are the same for if you use EG or not.

If EG is working with local SAS you install on your PC in the SAS installation folders using the Windows instructions.

If EG is working with a remote SAS server, possibly called SASApp, then you will have to get your SAS administrator to install.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation