BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JenHarper
Calcite | Level 5
I'm a programmer trying to convert to EG for some projects where I start with reasonably clean data. In this case, I have patient level data that I want to summarize and report by facility and month.

I've got a query that pulls the variables I want and calculates 2 new columns. I include fac_id (facility) and disdate (discharge date) under "select data" and selected them as Summary groups. However, my selected table only reformats the discharge date to monyy5. Basically I want the format applied at the group-by line so that I only have

What do I need to do? Is it possible to summarize by month at this step or do I have to add another task to do this? (below is my generated SQL)

[pre]
PROC SQL;
CREATE TABLE WORK.Query1_for_analysis200808 AS SELECT analysis200808.fac_id,
analysis200808.DISDATE FORMAT=MONYY5.0 label="Discharge Month",
(MEAN(analysis200808.Nurse_Courtesy ,
analysis200808.Nurse_CallButton ,
analysis200808.Nurse_Attitude ,
analysis200808.Nurse_Attention ,
analysis200808.Nurse_KeptInformed ,
analysis200808.Nurse_Skill )) FORMAT=5.2 label="Nursing Section Score" AS Nurse_section,
(MEAN(analysis200808.Doc_TimeSpent ,
analysis200808.Doc_ConcernQuest ,
analysis200808.Doc_KeptInformed ,
analysis200808.Doc_Courtesy ,
analysis200808.Doc_Skill )) FORMAT=5.2 label="Physician Section Score" AS Doc_section,
analysis200808.Overall_Likelihood FORMAT=5.2 label="Overall Likelihood to Recommend"
FROM EC100035.ANALYSIS200808 AS analysis200808
WHERE analysis200808.type = "E"
GROUP BY analysis200808.fac_id, analysis200808.DISDATE;
QUIT;
[/pre]
2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Hi,
I'm sitting on a swedish version of EG, so I'm not sure of the exact names of menu choices etc in english. But here we go. I assume that you user "filter and query".

First remove DISDATE from "Select data".
Then create a calculated column by using put(analysis200808.DISDATE,MONYY5.) as expression. Add it to "select data".
Then select the "Edit groups" button, and select your newly calculated column.

Hope this helps/works.

Linus
Data never sleeps
JenHarper
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you Linus. That did both help and work. I was so puzzled by Enterprise Guide and SQL that I overlooked the obvious SAS function I knew I wanted.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation